- 1 cauliflower
- 4 TBSP avocado oil
- 4 TBSP filtered water
- 4 TBSP curry powder or shawarma spice blend
- 4 tsp harissa paste optional
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp ajwain seeds
- parsley freshly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Rinse the cauliflower and cut off the stalk close to the florets. Remove any extra leaves.
- Mix together the avocado oil, water, curry powder, harissa paste, maple syrup, and sea salt. Whisk until combined. Then taste and adjust ingredients to your preference. If you want it sweeter, add more maple syrup, etc.
- Turn the cauliflower head upside-down and pour half the sauce into the head.
- Turn the head to coat the inside.
- Set the head down in a baking pan or cast iron skillet, and brush the top of the head with the remainder of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with a little bit more salt on the outside, as well as the caraway and ajwain seeds.
- Fill an oven-safe pan halfway with water and place underneath the baking dish with the cauliflower in order to provide steam to cook the cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower in the oven for 35-50 minutes (depending on size). Cook longer for softer cauliflower.
- Broil for 2-4 minutes before removing from oven.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.