- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour organic, more if needed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder use a rounded tablespoon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup Ghee use a generous 1/3 cup of cold ghee
- 1 cup whole milk
- Ghee for greasing baking pan or dish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 X 8 baking pan or dish with ghee. Set aside.
- Place the flours, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the ghee and toss it to coat with the flour. Begin to cut the ghee into the flour, using your hands, pastry cutter, or two knives. This should take only a few seconds.
- Add the milk all at once and stir to moisten all the flour and ghee. Dough should be very wet. Dust a surface with flour, turn the dough onto the surface and dust top with more flour. Knead the dough about seven times and fold over in half once.
- Pat the folded dough into a circle about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Cut the biscuits with a two inch cookie or biscuit cutter (or glass) and place on the prepared pan with a little space between the biscuits, or just touching.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Enjoy!
- * For a more coconut flavor use 1/2 cup of flour and decrease the wheat flour by 1/4 cup.