This Ayurveda-inspired soup is simple, nourishing, warming and mighty delicious. We used a medium-large white carrot from a local farm for this soup, but any color carrots you have on hand will do. Feel free to use any herbal, spiced, cultured or original GHEE you choose. This recipe will serve 1-2 people.
- 1 medium-large carrot organic, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tsp ginger root peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-2 cups broth chicken, vegetable or bone broth
- Himalayan pink salt
- cilantro to garnish
- Place sliced carrots and ginger in a saucepan. Cover with broth.
- Heat to gentle boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until carrots are very tender.
- Taste the liquid. Add salt if needed. Puree with an immersion blender or another blender, adding more broth to desired consistency.
- Serve hot with a teaspoonful of Ashwagandha Ghee. Garnish with cilantro leaves.