This is an incredibly easy recipe that boasts such great flavor you'll be making it a lot! The chicken is seared in a cast iron skillet in hot ghee to brown on both sides, then transferred to the oven to continue cooking. We used whole chicken legs (thigh with drumstick) but you can use the breast with skin, if desired, although the roasting time will likely be a bit longer. You can easily make as much chicken as your skillet can hold.
- 2 whole chicken legs thigh with drumstick, with skin
- Himalayan pink salt or another good quality salt
- black pepper ground
- Tandoori Masala Seasoning Blend
- 1-2 tsp Ghee original, or Garlic Ghee
- 2-3 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- lemon juice freshly squeezed, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper and tandoori masala.
- Heat ghee in a cast iron skillet over medium-high, brushing to coat the bottom of the pan.
- When hot, sear the chicken on both sides, browning to your liking, 3-5 minutes on both sides.
- Remove skillet from heat. Drizzle chicken with Worcestershire sauce and a little lemon juice if desired. Transfer to hot oven to continue cooking for roughly 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.