These easy-to-make little treats are perfect to serve at holidays, parties, picnics and for company. We recommend good quality mayonnaise and either ground Kashmiri red pepper or cayenne to "devil" them up. If desired, replace pimentos with freshly-slivered red bell pepper slices.
- 6 egg(s) boiled, peeled
- 1 green onion chopped
- dijon mustard
- Himalayan pink salt
- black peppercorns freshly ground
- kashmiri red chili powder or cayenne pepper, ground
- French baguette sliced and toasted, or crackers
- 1 jar pimento peppers sliced
- Finely chop the eggs and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add green onion, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, salt, pepper and Kashmiri red pepper or cayenne.
- Spread a dollop over toasted baguette slices or crackers. Top with a slice of pimento.
- Arrange on a platter to serve.