- 1 cup shredded coconut dried and unsweetened
- 3/4 cup Alphonso Mango Puree
- 4 ounces condensed milk
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp cardamom, green ground
- Melt ghee in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 cup coconut, stirring constantly until fragrant and slightly golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add mango puree, condensed milk and cardamom, stirring until the mixture pulls together into a mass, 5 minutes or more. The longer you stir, the more it comes together. Keep stirring so as not to burn or stick to the bottom; lower the heat if necessary.
- Transfer ladoo mixture to a bowl. Let it cool until warm and you can easily handle it.
- Pinch off a portion and roll it into a ball with the palms of your hands. Roll and cover in additional shredded coconut.
- Repeat until all the ladoos are made.
- Store leftover ladoos (if there are any) in an airtight container in the refrigerator.