- 2 tbsp Garlic Ghee divided
- 2 pounds beets washed and peeled with a vegetable peeler, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large carrot(s) peeled and cut into 1 pieces
- 1 medium onion(s) peeled and cut and quartered
- 3–4 cups broth chicken or vegetable
- 1 TBSP Ghee
- peppercorns, black freshly ground, to taste
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt 2 tbsp of garlic ghee in a large oven proof skillet.
- Add beets, carrots, and onions. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Toss well to coat the vegetables; cover and roast until all vegetables are very tender, about 45 – 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a blender.
- Add a cup or more of stock and puree completely. You may have to do this in batches, depending on the size of your blender.
- Transfer to a soup pot. Stir in more stock to desired consistency.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste; before serving, stir in remaining tablespoon of ghee.