This citrus-filled, summertime ice-cream is perfect on a hot day! Refreshing and light, this dessert will be sure to satisfy.
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 lime(s) squeezed
- 1 bunch cilantro
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar until it doubles in volume.
- In a food processor, pulse cilantro and lime together until cilantro leaves are very small.
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed sauce pan, heat cream, milk, cilantro and lime mixture on medium heat. Be careful not to scald it.
- When it begins to simmer, turn heat down to low, and ladel 1 cup of hot milk into the bowl with the egg yolks, whisking vigorously.
- Return the egg and milk mixture back to the pan, and return the heat to medium.
- Stir continuously with a wooden spoon, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- When mixture has thickened, strain into a heat-proof bowl, and then set that bowl in another bowl full of ice to rapidly chill.
- Stir to release steam.
- When it reaches room-temp, cover and chill for at least 2 hrs.
- Churn in an ice-cream maker per manufacturer instructions.
at what stage do you add the coriander/lime mixture? ty
Step 3 when you add the milk and cream.
It was nice to go through your post. Thanks for sharing the recipe here. Keep up the good work.