- 2 TBSP Ghee divided
- 3 shallot(s) finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry red wine OR substitute 3 TBSP red wine vinegar OR 3 TBSP Cognac
- 1 cup broth (use beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- 1 tsp peppercorns, green freshly ground (alternatively, you can use 1 TBSP pickled green peppercorns)
- 1-2 tsp flour or arrowroot powder
- Heat 1 TBSP ghee in skillet over medium heat with
- shallots, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in alcohol, and cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Stir in broth and green peppercorn; cook 2 minutes.
- Add flour, starting with 1 tsp (add more if a thicker sauce is desired), and bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining ghee.
- Salt to taste, and spoon sauce evenly over meat or veg.