Learn how to make Balti Chicken with a comforting saffron sauce by following along with this video. This classic Indian dish is simple to make and so delicious!
Find more recipe videos by going to our Youtube channel!
Read more about saffron here.
- 2 tsp garlic pressed
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns, black ground
- 1/2 tsp cardamom, green crushed
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2/3 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup almonds ground
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 3 lbs chicken
- 1 onion(s) chopped
- 2/3 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine garlic, black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, chili powder, yogurt, almonds, lemon juice, salt, and saffron strands in a bowl. Mix well.
- Bring a cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Melt ghee in the pan and cook chicken for 5 minutes, then remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add chopped onion to the pan and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add yogurt and spice mixture to the pan and stir in with the onions. Then add the chicken back into the pan.
- Cook together for another few minutes and flip chicken one more time.
- Cover the skillet with foil and put in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the cream. Enjoy!!
I have your Balti Curry spice mix and will appreciate if provide a recipe that uses that.
Enjoy this delicious Broccoli with Radicchio recipe flavored with Balti Curry: https://blog.pureindianfoods.com/recipe/broccoli-with-radicchio/