|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
|Passive Time||50 minutes|
- 2 TBSP Ghee
- 2 cups carrot(s) shredded
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 TBSP raisins
- 2 TBSP cashews raw
- 2 TBSP cashews ground
- 1/3 cup jaggery (grated)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom, green ground
- pistachios chopped, to garnish
- Set the Instant Pot to saute on high and melt the ghee.
- Add the raw cashews and raisins. Cook until the cashews are lightly golden brown. This should take about 4 minutes.
- Add carrots, milk, jaggery, and ground cashews. Stir well.
- Lock the lid and choose the Manual setting. Set pressure to High and cook for 10 minutes.
- When done, allow the pressure to release naturally. Remove the lid.
- While the mixture will look curdled, that is how it is supposed to look at this step. Stir well, mashing the carrots a little as you stir. Set the Instant Pot to Saute and cook for a few minutes, stirring gently, to thicken the mixture.
- Press Cancel to turn off the Instant Pot, and stir the cardamom into the mixture. Let it sit for 10 minutes to thicken. Garnish with pistachios and serve as a dessert. Can be eaten at any temperature you desire.