At Pure Indian Foods, our Spiced Ghee is made with the same care and passion as our original ghee. In fact, we use the same main ingredient and processes as our original ghee – clean, certified organic milk from grass-fed, humanely treated cows, slowly simmered down to leave only the best flavors in the remaining Ayurvedic ghee.
The only change made to our flavored ghee is the addition of a special blend of herbs and spices, prepared and added during the preparation process (not after!) to the Ayurveda ghee. The spices add the perfect undertone of mouth-watering flavor to the ghee without being overpowering. Flavors include Garlic, Herbes de Provence, Italian, Indian Dessert, Niter Kebbeh (an Ethiopian blend), and Digestive ghee. Ayurveda recommends using ghee to improve digestive fire (Agni), and this last flavor is perfect for that purpose. If you can’t seem to pick just one ghee flavor, try our sampler pack.
Our Spiced Ghee products are prepared by adding a combination of beneficial herbs and spices in to ghee while the ghee is being made, using ancient Ayurvedic methods. This allows the lipid and water soluble active ingredients of these herbs & spices to bind with the ghee molecules. When you eat such a ghee, you get the maximum benefits of the added spices and herbs.
Serve Gourmet Corn on the Cob with Pure Indian Foods Spiced Ghee. Click here for the details.
Charaka Samhita, an ancient Ayurvedic text, was written around 800 BC. According to this text, ghee has the following two very important qualities:
- Yogavahi: Ghee has an ability to augment the effect of any herb added to it. Ghee also helps transport the healing and health-promoting qualities of the herbs to the body.
- Samskar Anuvartan: When ghee is processed with herbs, it does not lose its own qualities while imbibing the attributes of the herbs added to it. Among all oils and fats, only ghee has this unique quality, whereas other oils and fats give up their own qualities. For example, when sandalwood is added to an oil, the oil loses its “heating” quality and adapts the “cooling” quality of the sandalwood.
Why use Spiced Ghee?
- It saves cooking time – the spices are already infused in the ghee – how perfect!
- It adds great flavor, and a little bit goes a long way.
- The flavors carry well melding with other ingredients so you can really taste the spices and herbs, yet they are not overpowering.
- When you don’t have a variety of spices and herbs on hand, the ghee provides the best blends for you – no need to run to the store!
- It makes everything you cook it with or use it on taste great – it’s the perfect, flavorful quick idea for making anything taste and look gourmet in minutes.
- It brings good nutrition (fat soluble vitamins, CLA) to a meal or a snack.
- It’s perfect for simple snacks and meals – from spreading on crackers and topping on oatmeal to basting roast chicken or spreading on grilled fish.
- It’s convenient and it travels well.