Aloo Gobi (potatoes & cauliflower)
Recipe Type: Entree
This recipe is vegetarian, paleo friendly, gluten-free and Whole30® compliant.
- 3 TBSP Pure Indian Foods ghee
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 in pieces
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 TBSP cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp Indian Five Spice
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Heat ghee on medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add Indian Five Spice, and fry until it starts to pop. Cover the pan to prevent splattering.
- Add chopped onions, and cook until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, coriander, turmeric, ginger, and cayenne. Cook for 30 seconds. Add potatoes and cauliflower.
- Mix well, add water and salt, and cook covered for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When potatoes are cooked, turn off heat.
- Add garam masala and lime juice. Mix gently.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.