|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
|Passive Time||45 minutes|
- 1 TBP Ghee
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 1 cup mixed vegetables Chopped, can include cauliflower, peas, green beans, cabbage, or broccoli
- 1 cup basmati rice rinsed
- 1-1/4 cups filtered water
- 2 TBSP DIY garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric ground
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Set Instant Pot to saute on high heat. Melt the ghee, then add cumin seeds and mustard seeds and heat until seeds pop and become very aromatic.
- Stir in the vegetables until they are lightly coated with the ghee.
- Add rice, water, salt, garam masala, turmeric, and peanuts. Mix well.
- Lock the lid and choose the Rice setting. (You can also choose the Manual setting, adjust the pressure to Low, and set the timer for 12 minutes.)
- When done, allow the pressure to naturally release. This should take about ten minutes. Do a quick-release to relieve any pressure that may remain.
- Stir the cilantro into the mix and serve.