- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 3 cardamom, green pods
- 1 cup ricotta cheese drained in a sieve overnight
- 1 cup flour sifted
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1/4 cup pistachios chopped
- Simmer sugar, saffron, cardamom, and 1 cup water in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium heat for 12 minutes.
- Mix ricotta, flour, and 3⁄4 cup water in a bowl to make a batter.
- Heat ghee in a 12" nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, spoon 2-tbsp. portions of batter into skillet, and fry until golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange pancakes in a shallow dish with sides.
- Pour cardamom syrup over top.
- Sprinkle with pistachios.
- Let soak for 5 minutes before serving.
great piece of information