- 1 cup moong/mung beans
- 1/4 cup black eyed beans
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils fresh
- 1 tsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin whole
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric ground
- 1/4 cup green peppers (optionally try Holland peppers) chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato chopped
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp black salt (kala namak)
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice
- Sprout the moong and black-eyed beans. Once sprouted, put the beans in a pan and add water till sprouts are covered. Add salt and turmeric. Cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes (or until the sprouts are slightly tender). Strain the extra water and then add ghee.
- Roast Cumin Seeds: Put the cumin seeds on a piece of aluminum foil and put it in the toaster for 2-3 minutes at 250 degrees F. until they start to turn golden brown. Take them out and crush them in a coffee grinder.
- Add the chopped vegetables and pomegranate arils to the sprouts. Sprinkle with all the spices and lemon/lime juice and mix gently. Sprinkle with the coriander leaves.
- Variation: Instead of the chopped vegetables, you can mix chopped fruits like banana, orange, grapes, mangoes, apple, pear and pomegranate or cooked/roasted sweet potato. The rest of the ingredients and the method remains the same. You can try adding any other fruit or vegetable that you like.
- Serve as an appetizer or a snack.