Everybody likes snacks, which makes turmeric banana chips and easy and healthy choice.They are a regular food in Southern India, and are healthier than potato chips! Using green bananas allows for the less sweet and more savory potato-like flavor.
- 10 banana(s) green
- 1/2 cup Indian Dessert Ghee or Original Ghee
- 2 TBSP turmeric
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Peel and thinly slice the green bananas. (You may want to wear gloves to keep sticky residue from getting on your hands.)
- Turn stove to 350 degrees F, or until you drop a breadcrumb in and it turns golden brown. Melt the ghee in a saucepan. You will need enough to fry the bananas, (about a third of the way full.)
- When ghee is melted, place a handful of the banana slices in. Add a small pinch of salt.
- When golden brown, remove the chips from the ghee and place on a paper towel. Add the next batch of chips and repeat until all the banana slices are fried.
- Coat the bottom of a bowl in turmeric powder and place the fried banana chips in. Toss or stir until the chips are lightly coated in turmeric powder.
- Banana chips should be room temperature before storage. This will keep them from becoming soggy.
These chips look nothing like I have ever seen. Delicious I guess. I will definitely try this variety and see if it works.
Thank You for Sharing this informative article! I really like to visit your Product review. It is very useful to everyone Stay healthy and keep safe!