- 2 lbs pork or beef, cut into chunks
- 1 TBSP cumin ground
- 1 tsp allspice ground
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp peppercorns, black ground
- 2 TBSP Ghee
- 2 red onions
- 3 bell peppers
- 3 tomatoes large
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 8 TBSP tamarind paste
- 12 oz beer
- 1 TBSP jaggery (grated)
- Season the pork or beef with the cumin, allspice, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- In a food processor, pulse the onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and half the cilantro, along with the tamarind paste.
- Melt the ghee in a large heavy-bottomed pan on medium high heat. Add the meat in one layer and brown on one side, then flip and brown the other side.
- Add the aromatic vegetable and tamarind puree, grated jaggery, and beer. Then bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer on low for about 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro and serve over rice with fried ripe plantains, yuca, avocado slices, and red pickled onions.