- 8 whole egg(s)
- Ghee for frying (optional)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 onion(s) chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 2/3 cups coconut milk full-fat
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 1/2 tsp cayenne ground
- 6 curry leaves
- Put whole eggs in water, bring to a boil. Boil for about 6 minutes, then cool in a bowl of cold water. Peel.
- (optional) Fry eggs. Use ghee or oil heated to approximately 325ºF (a piece of bread will brown in about 20 seconds) Fry until crispy golden brown. Drain on paper towel
- Cross score the top of each tomato. Dip in boiling water for about 20 seconds. Peel skin. Remove cores and seeds, chop rest of tomato.
- Melt ghee in frying pan. Add onion and garlic, cook until soft and lightly golden.
- Add tomato, cook until softened. Stir in coconut milk and spices. Salt to taste.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes, sauce will slightly thicken.
- Add boiled/fried eggs and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with curry leaves.