- 4 cups filtered water
- 1/8 cup jaggery (grated) or 1/4 cup of light brown sugar or 1/8 cup honey
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 TBSP tamarind paste
- 2 TBSP lemon juice or lime juice
- mint leaves to garnish
- Bring water to a boil.
- Remove from heat, then add jaggery, ginger, and tamarind paste and whisk well.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then add lemon juice.
- Strain through a coffee filter into a pitcher, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled with fresh mint leaves.
If you don’t have tamarind paste, but tamarind pods, would that work as well? Any modifications?
Hello! You can certainly make your own paste from the pods. There are a number of recipes online. For the tea, you will need the paste.