- 1-1/2 cups basmati rice white
- 1 TBSP Coconut Ghee
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup filtered water or pineapple juice
- 3 carrot(s) diced
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 pineapple cubed
- 1 lb chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 cup cashews toasted
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or to taste
- 6 TBSP sesame oil
- 3 egg(s)
- Rinse the rice under cold water until water runs clear.
- In a medium-sized pot, add the rice, ghee, coconut milk, and water/pineapple juice. Bring to a boil, cover, turn heat to low, and simmer for 22 minutes.
- Prepare your other ingredients while rice is cooking. When rice is done, spoon onto a large plate or casserole pan to dry.
- Dice your carrots and scallions. Mince your garlic and ginger. Cube your pineapple and chicken in 1 inch pieces.
- In a large, heavy bottomed pan or wok, heat 2 TBSP of sesame oil.
- Add cashews and stir occasionally until they are toasty brown but not burned. Then remove from heat and set aside.
- Add carrots, pineapple, and more sesame oil, if needed, and cook until carrots are soft and pineapple has started to caramelize. Then remove, and set aside.
- Add scallions, garlic, and ginger. Stir continuously until scallions are wilted and garlic is cooked through but not browned. Remove from heat, and place in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs, then add to pan and stir continuously until cooked. Then add to bowl with the scallions.
- Now, add more sesame oil and the chicken. Brown on one side, then stir and brown on the other side. When chicken is cooked through, add rice + everything else back to the pan, including the soy sauce.
- Taste. Add more sesame oil, if you prefer. If more salt is needed, add more soy sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, and chili pepper flakes.