- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour gluten-free (optional)
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom, green ground, optional
- 1/4 cup Digestive Ghee at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil organic
- 6 Tbsp coconut crystals (palm sugar)
- 1 egg or 2-3 tsp xanthan gum as a binder if using an egg substitute
- 1 Tbsp milk or half and half
- 1 large banana(s) pre-mashed separately
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup currants
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- With electric mixer, mix ghee and coconut sugar together, on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, mix in the egg, then the milk or half and half, then the banana and lastly, the vanilla extract.
- Next, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, a little at a time, until thoroughly combined.
- Lastly, stir in by hand, the chocolate chips and currants.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Form into 1/4-cup cookies and bake for 15-17 minutes.