These pancakes are made with 100% organic spelt flour. The recipe serves one person but can easily to doubled, tripled, etc. We used organic, wild frozen, blueberries that were thawed, but you can use them straight from the freezer. As a garnish, we've added frozen, thawed organic sweet, pitted cherries along with a spreading of sesame tahini and some maple syrup. To make your own tahini, check out our recipe at https://blog.pureindianfoods.com/recipe/homemade-sesame-tahini/
- 6 tbsp spelt flour whole grain, organic
- 1/2-1 tsp raw sugar or non-caloric natural alternative, optional
- 1/4 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Ghee spiced, original or cultured for cooking
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk or plain yogurt, or non-dairy equivalent
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp wild blueberries frozen is fine
- cherries pitted, frozen and thawed is fine
- tahini optional
- maple syrup 100% pure
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the egg, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add the blueberries.
- Heat ghee in a skillet over medium. Make two pancakes, cooking one at a time, flipping when lightly browned on the bottom.
- Serve pancakes topped with extra ghee, tahini, maple syrup, sweet cherries or any other topping you fancy.