Gluten-free Apple Crisp Recipe
One of our favorite fall desserts is a delicious apple crisp! Brigid Titgemeier shared this recipe for a gluten-free version using our beloved ghee. Apple Crisp is one of those desserts that makes you feel so warm and cozy as the temperature starts to cool down. We love how comforting the flavors are of this baked dessert!
Brigid Titgemeier from beingbrigid.com
This gluten-free apple crisp is the perfect holiday treat for anyone looking for a healthy apple crisp alternative that doesn’t sacrifice flavor. Recipes like this are proof that you can still enjoy yourself over the holidays without derailing all of the dietary progress that you’ve made in the last year. This simple 5 ingredient recipe combines some of my favorite nutritious foods from apples to gluten-free oats to grass-fed organic ghee.
I love using ghee (clarified butter) as a baking substitute because then all of your dairy-free guests can enjoy too (unless they are vegan). My favorite brand is Pure Indian Foods because they are the only grass-fed and organic company on the market. All other ghee companies are either grass-fed or organic. Melt the ghee right on top of the other ingredients in this gluten-free apple crisp, bake in the oven and see for yourself that this is the perfect butter substitute! No margarine necessary!
Try another fall favorite dessert here.
- 3/4 cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 3-4 apple(s) peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place sliced apples evenly in the base of a 9x12 pan.
- In a medium size bowl combine almond flour, gluten-free oats and brown sugar, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture on top of the apples, spreading evenly.
- Melt ghee in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Pour the ghee over the apples and dry ingredients.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until crisp.