- Dice the onion, butternut squash (or sweet potatoes), as well as the carrots and apples.
- In a large soup pot, melt the ghee on medium heat and add the veggies, half the apples, and whole garlic.
- Cover and sweat the vegetables on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Then add 6 cups of broth (or enough to almost cover the veggies), and all the spices, and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Use a food processor, blender, or immersion blender to purée everything until smooth.
- Return to the soup pot, add the remaining diced apples and simmer for another 5-7 minutes until apples are slightly soft.
- Add sea salt to taste.