Rogan Josh is a traditional Indian food that will leave your mouth watering! Made from lamb and packed with spices, this savory curry will leave an impact on your tastebuds you won’t soon forget!
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1-1/2 in ginger chopped
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 1 lb lamb shoulder cubed
- 3 TBSP Ghee
- 1/2 onion(s) chopped
- 3 cardamom, green pods
- 2 cloves
- 1 cassia leaves
- 1-1/2 in cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup yogurt plain
- 2 strands saffron
- 1 TBSP milk warm
- 1/4 tsp DIY garam masala
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- Mix saffron strands (crushed if desired) with warm milk and allow to soak.
- Add lamb, garlic, ginger, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and coriander into a large bowl and stir until meat is coated. Cover and refrigerate for two hours or more.
- Heat ghee in a large skillet or saucepan over low heat.
- Add onion and cook for ten minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Add cardamom pods, cloves, bay leaves, and cinnamon stick and fry for one minute.
- Turn heat to high and add the meat and onion and stir, frying for two minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for fifteen minutes.
- Remove cover and fry until meat is dry, about three minutes.
- Ad 1/4 cup water, cover, and cook for five minutes.
- Uncover and add 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 30-45 minutes, until meat is tender. The liquid will reduce until almost dry.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Stir in the saffron milk.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with garam masala.