|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 TBSP Ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 onion, red chopped
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 potatoes cubed
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 tsp fenugreek crushed
- DIY garam masala for sprinkling
- cilantro to garnish
- Purée tomatoes and ginger in a blender and set to the side.
- Put your Instant Pot on the saute setting. When it is hot, add ghee and cumin seeds. Allow them to sizzle alone for a few seconds.
- Add the onion and saute until the onions are tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in pureed tomatoes and ginger. Cover with a glass lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add coriander, turmeric, chili powder, and salt. Mix well and let the spices cook for a few seconds.
- Add water, cubed potatoes, and green peas.
- Stir and close the pot. Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes with pressure valve sealed.
- Release pressure, open the pot, add crushed fenugreek leaves, and sprinkle garam masala on top.
- Add cilantro to garnish and serve!
I would love it if you would include vegan recipes without oil or thee for those of us who are watching our weight and other health issues. ❤
Hello, thanks for your comment. If one of our vegetarian or vegan recipes calls for sauteing in oil, you can simply saute instead in vegetable broth. For baked goods – applesauce, mashed, cooked pears or banana, and canned or pureed pumpkin all make good substitutes, one for one, to replace added fats and oils. We hope you find our recipes fun and delicious!