|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||30 minutes|
- 1 TBSP Ghee
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 1 onion(s) chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tsp cumin ground
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne or to taste
- 2 tsp DIY garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 lb spinach
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 8 ounces paneer cheese cut into 1/2 in cubes
- Choose the sauté setting on the Instant Pot and select More for high heat. Melt the ghee.
- Add garlic and ginger, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onion, tomatoes, cumin, cayenne, garam masala, turmeric and salt, cooking and stirring well for another minute or two. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add Spinach and water. Lock the lid. Set the pressure valve to Sealing. Select the Manual / Pressure Cook setting on High. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick-release to relieve pressure, then remove the lid.
- Using an immersion or regular blender, puree the mixture to a smooth consistency, or to your desired consistency.
- Turn the Instant Pot back on to Saute on High. Add the paneer, stirring gently until hot.
- Adjust seasonings to taste; serve and enjoy!
Made this last night using tofu instead of paneer and it was wonderful! I’ve tried a number of palak paneer recipes but this one is easy, AND tasty. Thank you so much. I think your spices also helped. 🙂
Is there a way to make this without using an Instant pot? Just a pan on the stove? I don’t have an Instant pot but I love Palak Paneer!
Yes, you can cook everything (except the paneer) together in a pan on the stove. Simply follow steps 1-4, only instead of pressure cooking, saute the garlic, ginger, onions, and tomatoes with spices. Then add the spinach and water, cover and cook until everything is very tender. (In this case, start with 1/2 cup water. If it seems too thick, add more if needed. Once cooked, puree as instructed. Add the cubed paneer and serve.
Do you know of an American sub for paneer? There is none available where I live. Thank you for your help.
Hello, if you can’t find paneer, you could use fresh mozzarella cheese that you cube and add before serving. Some fresh mozzarella is sold in small balls which you can also use, if you can find them. The fresh mozzarella is soft and easy to cute into cubes. It’s generally found in containers in the cheese dept of grocery stores. Another option would be to use firm, pre-baked and seasoned tofu, if you like it.