- 10-12 whole carrot(s) grated
- 4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup Ghee
- 1/3 cup jaggery (grated) or sweetener of your choice
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cardamom, green finely ground
- 1/2 cup cashews silvered
- Grate the carrots.
- In a medium sauce-pan, bring grated carrots and milk to a simmer on low heat.
- Stir and cook until the carrots are tender and milk has almost evaporated. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Add the ghee, and lightly brown the carrot.
- Next, add the sugar and cook until the mixture thickens and becomes more dry.
- Stir in the raisins, cardamom, and cashews.
- Serve hot with fresh cream or ice-cream.